• mini mi: the curse of negativity

    Saturday, April 14, 2007

    the curse of negativity

    if i say to my mother, "i don't like ______," i am informed that this is a "burden on my soul." however this information does not help me reach nirvana as i'm sure my mother intended. instead i leave the conversation burdened with the irrefutable knowledge that my soul is asphyxiating under the accumulating weight of my persistent dislikes. moreover, not liking _______ is clearly my fault. if i could only be persuaded to like my tenth grade english teacher, or pantyhose, you know? i would live so much longer.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Alexa said...

    i feel like all of my negative tendencies are mom's fault. it makes me feel better that it's not my fault that i'm so negative and corrosive to myself. and if she tells me that that's my "choice" one more time, i might choose to barf on her.

    9:45 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home